22 April 2015

The 20th Mezzalama Trophy has been postponed until next week

The 20th Mezzalama Trophy has been postponed until next week. Adriano Favre: «The forecast is pretty unequivocal and since the weather is expected to be bad for the whole of next weekend, we are forced to postpone the start of the Mezzalama until the 1st May». The competition for youngsters, on the other hand, has been confirmed for Friday morning.

The confirmation came just before 1 p.m. at the end of the operational meeting held in Gressoney to decide whether to the Mezzalama Trophy should be raced on 25 April as originally scheduled.
«This morning – announced Adriano Favre, technical director of the Mezzalama Trophy – together with Luca Mercalli we studied the latest weather forecast models for the coming weekend. Unfortunately, the weather situation on the Monte Rosa massif for both Saturday and Sunday leaves us with no alternative but to postpone the start of the Trophy to 1st May. With such a difficult technical course, raced for the most part at altitudes of over 4000 mt., we cannot let 300 teams set off if there is a risk of the meteorological conditions suddenly getting worse.  Once again we have to think first and foremost of the safety of the athletes and race officials who will be working at high altitudes for the entire duration of the race».
As far as the race for young competitors is concerned, Favre confirmed that it will go ahead as planned in the area of the Canalino dell’Aquila.

Technical Sponsor
Comina Architecture
 International Ski Mountaineering Federation

Copyright © 2019 La Grande Course - Privacy